Thursday, January 17, 2008

An Early Valentine



I know it's a month away, but I have baked these heart shaped cranberry white tea cookies months ago, and kept the photos in my hard disk for the longest time before they are allowed to unveil on a .com.



Cliche cookie cutter for Valentine's Day, but tried as I had, no other shape pleases more than a heart shaped one for this special day. I remember old school times when classmates gave out tiny bears, pink cards, heart shaped balloons to one another. Shy boys love to pick this sometimes not too auspicious day to confess their long kept secrets. Anonymous notes get passed around in lecture halls. Roses stuffed into bags. While I was never part of this romantic chain of melody in school days (blame the geeky specs and very bad haircut), my girlfriends and I have enjoyed hanging out on this day, often purposefully making sure we be out some where and not at home (now I wonder why?). Like Christmases, new Years and birthdays, February 14th brings happy memories of great company from old friends.


If you are baking for friends, family or a secret crush (hush hush), get a heart shaped cookie cutter. Shape them into a lucky clover (secret crush will find it more discreet).

I'll be baking for some friends, and will offer some for sale if I can manage. I do advise that you bake some yourself though, it really means a whole lot more! Enjoy ~~~

6 comments:

lertsis said...

it looks really really yummy!!!
i really want (more than) a bite!!!

seems like you can do a lot of things!!!

Anonymous said...

hmm.... no wonder we're good pals!! you posted this today & a few hours ago, I saw something that I couldn't resist getting for you. hush hush on what it is but it's something similar to the theme of this posting. kek kek kek... just hope that the franchise in sg doesn't sell this...

Karen said...

hi Lertsis,

Thanks for coming round! :) Funky blog you have there, keep posting!

Kanake, haha... thank you so much for the pressies. You totally spoil me you know that!?! ^______^

Anonymous said...

heya! love the cookie!! cliche heart shape but is Valentine's Day! :) Of course it has to be a heart!

thanks for dropping by my msn space :) hehe! next time bake together =)

- kelly

spicyicecream said...

they look gorgeous! I love white tea but have never tried it in baking.

dlyn said...

These look delish - I see Christmas tree shapes coming up ...